Need under $1500 preamp for my system

Hi,
I listen to classical and jazz. I like nuance and warmth. I have...

Aerial 10T’s - Speakers
Parasound Zone Master 2350 - Power Amp
Music Fidelity X-ray (has coax digital out) - CD player

...and I need a preamp under $1500. I am considering streaming, but also have plenty of vinyl, (and an inexpensive turntable, which I also might upgrade.) I am considering the Parasound NewClassic 200 Pre, but would love other recommendations as well. Also having a built in tuner might be nice.
Thanks
rbkaudio

Showing 6 responses by rbkaudio

Hi All,
I ended up getting a used Modwright SWL 9.0 Anniversary with a phono card installed, and it is perfect. Thanks for all your recommendations!
Thanks for the feedback so far. The ModWright 9.0SE doesn't appear to have a phono stage, which I need. Is that correct?
Also, what about a MUSICAL FIDELITY A308CR Preamp? There appear to be several in the $1400 range with a phono stage.
I am learning much valuable information from you all - thank you!
I am seeing a ModWright SWL 9.0 Anniversary Edition Stereo with MM Phono available. I like that it has phono on it, but it is a totally new design over the original. Does anyone have experience with this redesigned model?
Also, can I really plug my musical fidelity x-ray right into the back of the parasound ZM 2350? Maybe I could use the bypass inputs of the Modwright for that? Would that make sense over using the standard CD input?