need to purchase a calibrated , small signal tube tester-why so difficult?!

Tired of not being able to test my own tubes.

I know enough to not just blindly go to ebay and buy a vintage one….even if says “calibrated.” I’ve contacted some of the legacy folks/sources, they really don’t seem interested in making money.

Any recommendations to get me into an affordable, accurate, and easy to use tester? I don’t care if it’s rusty or anything else, if it works reliably . im willing to pay $500-750 ish——-for emissions and conductance capability.

Is this too much to ask?! Where to go?  Other advice re. which testers may be moost appropriate, and why, would be more than welcomed,

128x128ml8764ag

The biggest problem exists with emissions only testers. They really kind of suck, can damage small signal tubes and can have a very spastic leakage test. Transconductance is a better way to test a tube and much more accurately duplicates the demands of a circuit. Now if you can find a tester that does both transconductance and emissions this is a plus but not as much as some would think.  I have a Maxi-Matcher power tube tester and it is O.K. I have had consistently great results with my vintage Triplett and Hickok testers. Hagerman Audio Labs used to make tube testers, I would tend to go this route if these 2 choices are still available. Hagerman designs audio equipment that uses tubes and I think he might understand the art as well as the science.