Need separates for MA Gold 100. Alternatives to Parasound P6/A21+, please!

Everything about the P6/A21+ meets my needs, and I will go that route, if need be. However, I have been out of this hobby until just recently; since the P5 came out, so I just don’t know what other DAC-loaded preamps and monster amplifiers there are in this price range nowadays.

The preamp and amplifier do not need to be the same brand. It would be helpful if the suggestions have similar capabilities and are in the same price range to the Parasound units.

The speakers in question are Monitor Audio Gold 100 5G. The amp currently in use is an Arcam SA20 integrated. I haven't received the speakers yet and will definitely explore the Arcam with the MA's. But theoretically, it's not a great match. I want to upgrade anyway. I'd like for the separates to be future proof and allow me the freedom to try other bookshelf speakers.

Thanks in advance.

Nick

128x128nickrobotron

nickrobotron,

depends what you want to spend Sim audio goes very well with monitor audio but their evolution series is not cheap but it's world class.

hi nick, i had budget for,  parasound a21+, with  naim 272 pre,  totem  speakers.  very happy with  result. rotel  is also  excellent brand.   good luck