Need help with a Tube Preamp under $3000

Hello, I have a Bryston 3BST 2 channel amp, connected with Bryston XLR cables to a BP20 Bryston Pre amp. Today the majority of my music listening is with a Wadia itransport (coaxial) and a DAC majic by Cambridge Audio (XLR). Before buying my Maggies I had heard the Magnepan 1.6QR being played through on a Vintage CJ tube preamp & Sansui Solid state receiver. I absolutely loved the warmth of the music even with my ipod as the source hooked up through an RCA cable from the headset Jack. I would like a big sound stage for my Classical, Jazz, Movie Soundtracks and Opera listening pleasures. So what would be a good match for Bryston and a Tube Pre amp and my Magnepan speakers. My system is also connected to a Martin Logan Abyss Subwoofer for some added bass beyond the 1.6QR range of 40Hz.Nordost Speaker wires.

What would you folks recommend as NEW Tube Preamp around $3000 ???
birdiewins
Hello Birdiewins, I have some experience with what I consider a very nice buffer. It's made by Joseph Chow at Audio Horizons (check out their site). There is also quite a bit of information here on A-gon about AH flagship product - the TP preamp line. Just search the archives.

As far as the tube buffer ... Joseph custom built a combination buffer and phono pre into one box for me; and I have been very happy with it. The buffer section uses two (2) 6922/6DJ8 type tubes and responds well to tube rolling, interconnect changes, and power cord flavors. It's been great in helping integrate my HT set-up with 2-channel listening. I have it placed between Pre/Pro in front of Channel Island (Class D) monos.

Check out the specs as well as the write-up on the Audio Horizon site. As we know, the numbers only tell part of the story. The proof is how it sounds in your system and in your room. AH offers a "qualified" in-home free trial or a money back 20-day trial if purchased outright - no questions asked. There is no "restocking" fee or any other disincentive to try it out for yourself.

These guys stand behind their products and their work. BTW I've also had Joseph modify a DAC for me that (to me at least) outperforms a number of popular brands that I have owned and/or auditioned.

I have no affiliation or financial interest with this company; however, you may see an unsolicited testimonial that I gave them permission to use.

Good luck and Happy Listening!

Kind of homely looking, but may be just what you are looking for. Musical Design Chameleon Pre-amp. Tube roll till you find the exact sound you'r looking for.

http://app.audiogon.com/listings/tube-musical-concepts-chameleon-elite-with-phono-2012-12-20-preamplifiers-52722

http://www.musicaldesign.com/MC_Cham.html
I have a belles 21A with the Aroura Cap upgrade and I would put it up agianst any $3,000.00 new preamp.
they are about 1,200.00 used. My 2nd choice would be a Von Gaylord L1. It beat my Belles in transparancy and sounded more real.