Nagaoka CL-152 Record Cleaner?

Just wondering if anybody has used this? It's basically the same gel type substance as the Zerodust stylus cleaner, but on a roller.
opalchip

Showing 4 responses by dougdeacon

I have one. It certainly doesn't just move the dust around for me, it's quite sticky. It removes the line of dust left behind by a CF brush very effectively.

OTOH it does leave a slight but visible film that's clearly visible in the dead wax. Therefore, I normally only use it to remove dust before cleaning the LP on my RCM. I rarely used it before playing a cleaned record, and then always with very light pressure.
4yanx,
That's why I really only use it on truly filthy second hand records. The kind you'd even be reluctant to soil your RCM with.

Sorry if I didn't make that clear. I certainly didn't intend my post to be a strong "thumbs up", just a list of the pluses and minuses of the thing.
Um, where in my two posts on this thread did I "recommend" the thing? All I've done is describe what it does, both good and bad. If you want a recommendation, read my posts on the ZYX UNIverse. It leaves no film on the music.

Good suggestion on the lint roller though. They are very similar and I expect Target's price is alot better. ;-)

I'm afraid we disagree on the merits of that "stuff", but that's neither here nor there. No liquid solution does the one thing the lint roller is good at, removing the line of fluff raised by a CF/Hunt brushing of a filthy record BEFORE it goes on the RCM. If you don't remove that junk somehow it will just contaminate your brushes and felts faster. I normally use a blast of canned air. The sticky roller is reserved for true hardship cases, as I said before.
Single malt? Did someone say single malt?

It's after noon and I haven't had my first glass today. Must... stop... this... slacking...