NAD T 787 ethernet port

What is NAD doing with the ethernet port on the back of the T 787 which is on the VM 150x module?
drews578
I believe this is used for control of the Amp over Ethernet as opposed to the RS232 Port. I wish they would develop the Firmware to make this port accessible to the Internet, but that requires developing an interface program. I'm interested in being able to get Internet Radio Streaming and maybe Internet access will be developed in VM250x (I assume there will be one).

I am a little disappointed that after promoting the MDC Design that they haven't really come out with new modules (features & capabilities) as rapidly and often as they should.

It would also be nice if NAD would open up their systems for online FW updating, but I guess they want to protect their service centers.

With all of this being said, I went from a Marantz SR6006 to an NAD T775HD and I couldn't be happier with the sound that comes from this system. I just wish they would get up to speed with the features the other AV companies offer.
"I went from a Marantz SR6006 to an NAD T775HD and I couldn't be happier with the sound that comes from this system. I just wish they would get up to speed with the features the other AV companies offer."

I am also very happy with the sound quality of my NAD T175HD pre/pro, for music and HT. A little Audyssey MultEQ XT32 would be great also, even though NAD's implementaiton of MultEQ XT does a fine job with my system.

As mentioned before, the ethernet port is currently used only as network control. Firmware updates and music streaming would be handy.

I just realized this is a year old thread.

Bill