Nad c-370: Right Channel drops out

I took my NAD to a local repair shop to investigate why the right channel goes out on my amp and they proposed to charge me $420 to install a main amp kit, a filter set plus labor. Needless to say, I paid them their $70 "diagnostic fee" and brought the Nad home, unrepaired.

I am a bit baffled because I can get the right channel to come on if I tinker around with the amp by switching source inputs form CD to Video and so on. I have been reading on the internet about problems with these amps due to capacitors overheating and bugging out. Is there a particular capacitors or group of capacitors that I could replace myslef and get my rig running again?
tbone1

Showing 2 responses by hifitime

At least you didn't pay $420 for something unknown.Even if you gave them the $420,you still might have an amp that needs new caps.There are a lot of shops out there looking for easy money.That makes it harder for the true good shops.
Maybe a shop/dealer that's been around for a long time selling upper end gear.If they don't work on your brand,they might have a good shop to go to.A dealer in my area that could be trusted with anything retired.Nobody bought his business most likely because he was mainly a stereo guy.With the new tv's,everybody wants multichannel home theater. Last resort I guess like suggested above, shipping out might be the best option.Packing,shipping, bummer.