NAD 3140 - I know nothing

I have just bought this NAD 3140 integrated amp and know nothing about it at all. In fact, I know nothing about hi fi at all, but I love well-reproduced music (jazz, classical, really old blues and other American "roots" music, and lots more besides), so I want to start learning. Unfortunately, my budget is extremely meagre.

I've searched around on the 'net and found references to a legendary NAD 3020 and a few others. They all seem to be well thought of, but nothing about this one, even specifications - and I don't even know how many watts output it has!

What I'd be most gratful for would be recomendations for cheap old speakers to match it, and a tuner too. Because I've read that CD players are more likely to be faulty, I've been thinking of using a new DVD player with it to play CDs (and kill two birds with one stone - I'll be able to watch DVDs too) - is that a good idea?

Just can't seem to get this kind of advice down here in New Zealand!
wetagogo
Hi - have just bought these (off the site Gonglee3 recommended, and picked them up yesterday) because they were cheap and appear to be in good nick.

B&W V202

Impedaece-8n
Sensitivity-90db (2.83v,1m)
Power handing-65w (DIN)120w (peak)
Freguency range-45hz to 22khz(-6db)
5.5 inch woofer; 1 inch tweeter; 2 inch port
50cms high, 24cm wide, 23cms deep

Has anybody else got/had them? What do you think? Any comparisons with other speakers with similar specs?

I'll give you my (uninformed) opinion after I set them up with the amp and a CD player.

I've also started a thread in "Speakers" asking about these (hope that's not a breach of etiquette or anything!)
B&W is a good company - should be ok.
For DVD player, Toshiba 3960 is an affordable and surprisingly good sounding one.
A few questions about the stuff at back of the amp.

Bridging button: If I release the bridging button from under it's cover, what will happen? And is it protected because re-setting it is problematic?

There is a Tuner input and an Aux input. If I want to connect my TV to the amp, must I use one of these, or can I use a Tape input?

What should I do about the "Ground" screw?

Is it correct that the supplied interconnect you goes between Pre-Amp Out and Normal In?

What is "Lab In" for?
Look for a restored pair of older Large Advents or a pair of Dynaco A-25's. They can be found on E-bay fairly regularly. Good sound on the cheap. Might as well keep it old! Make sure the surrounds on the Advent woofers have been replaced (most have.) The Dynaco is a fine speaker and held up well. A nice pair is really something. They are not quite as big as the Advents but boast about as good bottom end. An overall fine speaker. I owned both of these back in the late 70's and early 80's (about the same time as the 3140.)
You can use tape in as well as aux for TV.

The ground is for connecting your Turntable, so if you don't have one, you don't have to worry about it.

You should release the Bridging button when using with 2 speakers.

You should connect pre/amp out, to power/amp in.

I don't know what "Lab in" is but I wouldn't worry about it.

I hope you like the sound you are putting together - if not, save up some money, and come back for more suggestions.

Toshiba 3960 is a good affordable DVD/CD player.