My new Soundsmith Straingauge cartridge

Well, after a bit of dillying and dallying, I finally got 'round to trying a home trial of this cart. After a couple of hours dialling in vtf, and esp. azimuth, it basically sold itself, and I bought it an hour later!
It's without doubt the fastest cart I've ever experienced, surpassing the Decca London Reference, but with none of that cart's tipped up 'whiteness'. But this blazing speed is combined with the natural sweetness of the Lyra Parnassus. It has the neutrality of the Transfiguration Orpheus with the dynamics and involvement of the ESCCo-modded Zu Denon 103. So, fast AND sweet, and neutral AND involving, combinations often too challenging for other so-called SOTA carts. All the carts I've mentioned I've had in my system over the years. But I admit, I haven't heard current contenders to the crown (Lyra Titan/Atlas, Ortofon Anna, Clearaudio Goldfinger etc) to make comparisons.
It's tracking really is superlative, 3d soundstaging/dimensionality is beyond the room constraints, and I really believe it has the least artifact-laden sound of any cart I've heard, with NO aural evidence of a diamond carving thru wax. It's really complimenting what's already a neutral, fast and dynamic analog rig in my system (Trans Fi Salvation direct rim drive tt/Trans Fi Terminator air bearing linear tracking arm)
spiritofmusic
Spiritofmusic - very fascinated by your comments, and wondering whether you think Michael Fremer has a point with his critique of the midrange being harmonically underdeveloped, with a relatively "stingy" sustain to notes. He refers to a corresponding a tipped-up response that emphasizes, for example, the bow rosin and strings more than the wooden bodies of acoustic instruments? Is this something that you have experienced, and/or been able to address with proper setup?
Cfluxa, yes I was aware of his comments plus others both praising the speed and dynamics of the cart but bemoaning it's lack of texture etc. And other comments that voices sounded unnatural. And Jack Roberts 100% positive review on Dagogo (really worth checking out). What Jack's review stated, was what I found in the demo - if it's not set up correctly (esp azimuth), it can sound thin and edgy. Maybe MF hadn't set it up correctly, I don't know.
However after a good amount of time with the Feikert set up app, it really revealed itself.
I have a very fast tt/arm (rim drive/linear tracker), and any lack of body in the cart would be ruthlessly revealed. I'm achieving amazing bass punch/extension, midrange texture/density, and treble airiness/energy.
I don't listen to a lot of classical, so can't comment at length on strings, but Bach harpsichord has never sounded so substantial and energetic, airy and grounded.
My other main test in audio is snare drum, and the SG200 presents the best combination of stick attack and shell depth I've yet heard.
And the RWA BL batt psu takes it's transparency to new heights.
I think that one of the problems with Strain Gauge sales, like with active speaker sales, is that us audiophiles get attached to our gear and it means changing an expensive phono stage or getting rid of a power amp in the case of Active speakers. If you want to change again then you have to re-purchase them again.
Unfortunate really as like you my SG is a destination component, just like my active speakers.
Yes prof, the SG is a final destination component esp. now w/batt psu. Just so open, textured and tone rich, I feel no need to investigate alternatives.
And with the saving on redundant phono stage, and inexpensive cost of replacement stylus, a true high end bargain.
Spiritofmusic - thanks for the response, extremely helpful. Indeed, I am fascinated by the strain gauge after stumbling on Jack Roberts' review just last week. I happen to have a setup very similar to the one he had previously - Shindo pre, low-watt SET driving Lowther-type speakers, and I am amazed at the notion that the strain gauge could soundly beat the Shindo Giscours with a Miyabi cartridge!

I have been weighing buying a first-rate low-impedance cartridge to match the Shindo and my Hashimoto SUT, and am now pretty much trying to decide between that and selling the Shindo to make a bet on the SG. Your testimony is now pushing me toward the latter. I wonder whether I would miss fiddling with different carts and switching them out, or would the SG be so good I wouldn't look back. It does seem there are a few documented cases of that now!

Given the importance of azimuth, is it so sensitive that you think it could become an issue with regular sweep arms, versus your linear tracker?