My new secondary system $437 TOTAL!

Hi I've recently purchased MAC 1900 $180 with weak LEFT channel for restoration and re-selling.
I replaced all 4 output transistors and experiencing the following problem:

For the past decade I couldn't find unit that can attract me more than my main system and now in my tech lab I listen to more music than in my main listening room!
I hooked it up with HK Rabco linear tracking TT/Shure V15 type III cartridge ($180); Pioneer V90 CD-changer with 1-bit DAC($22 at thrift store) and B&W V201i bookshelf speakers ($35 at thrift store).

This system has impressive high-end performance for fraction of price you pay today for same. The main strength is transparency, perfect instrument separation weather it's played via analogue or digital playback. The tuner section is FANTASTIC as well.

Overall invested: $437 which includes $20 new 4 transistors with shipping from newark.com. Certainly after falling in love so deep with this unit, it's not for sale anymore :)

czarivey

Showing 1 response by jedinite24

Great you can do the repairs yourself. I bet if you took that to a good quality tech the repair would have been a couple of hundred. Nice system for under $500. I think you've inspired others now to hunt the thrift stores more.