My endgame system I think

Good day everyone. I wanted to share what I believe is my endgame 2 channel system and say thank you to all of the members here for all of the advice I’ve gotten and read. It’s a simple system but the forum has  guided me tremendously with my decisions. A special thank you goes out to Duke of audiokinesis  (who I met at Axpona was very gracious with a few questions I had) for recommending Jeff at HDacoustics to design my room that I built while the speakers were being built. I hope to have many years enjoying my new system. Thanks again everyone ! 

Ron 

ronboco

Showing 2 responses by lanx0003

A very de minimis high performer system you have put together.  You must go through tremendous time and effort to sort out and eventually end up with this particular combination in this price range you consider as the "endgame".  It will be more informative/eductional for all audiogoners if you could share your decision making experience during this process, such as what other speakers/amp you have also auditioned ...

The Rockport/Boulder were both highly praised by Stereophile but JA did point out the minor flaw below. I also noticed that, when listening to Pink Floyd Money (demo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj1Zced6dEU&t=181s), bass notes introduced from the Rockport right after the string of coins sound was noticeably louder / accentuated than the early mix or studio version from the same loadspeaker I had. This may not be a "flaw" to those who (incl. myself) are fond of wieghtier bass / coloration though.

JA wrote:

But after a while, with recordings of solo piano, I noticed a narrowband coloration. I wasn’t aware of this with my new favorite performance of Rachmaninoff’s Piano Sonata 2, by Evelina Vorontsova (CD, STH Quality Classics 1416092), which was reproduced with weight and power in the bass register; nor was it particularly noticeable with superbly engineered recordings of piano with orchestra, such as Dejan Lazic’s live performance of Rachmaninoff’s Piano Concerto 2, with the London Philharmonic conducted by Kirill Petrenko (DSD64 files, Channel Classics CCS SA26308). But when the writing for piano was more open, as in Haydn’s Piano Sonata 32 in g, Hob.16 No.44, from András Schiff’s Encores After Beethoven (CD, ECM New Series 1950), the more obvious it was that some notes were unnaturally accentuated