Musical subwoofer under $2000

I’m looking for advice on what vendors to look at as l’d really like to add a subwoofer to my 2 channel setup. The room is c. 30x15 feet or 42 square meters with low ceiling of about 7.5 feet or 2.2 meters. Budget is c.$2,000 and my 2 channel speakers are Sonus Faber Sonetto VIII. My amp offers pre-out connection. I’d like REL but their S range is now too expensive, so something close in musicality would be great. 

sparksgja

Showing 1 response by dukebdevil

I have ML ESL-X for 2channel and wanted something "quick" to blend with electrostats.  SVS was an excellent option.  as others mentioned, DSP app lets you dial it in.

My experience with SVS:  beyond good!

- ordered an SP2000-pro AND a micro (dual 8") and demo'd in my system, knowing that I could only afford to keep one.  I did receive a discount for buying a pair.  Also note- the "blems" page has nice discounts.  most blems you won't ever notice. they provide pictures.

- the SB was musical, but really powerful (12")  I wanted badly to keep it but this is not home theater.

- the micro, with a pair of 8" matched best with the dual 8's in the mains.  With 3 bands of DSP- able to configure +-dB, slope and Q I was able to prevent peaks and smooth out the response curve.  This cannot be achieve without DSP

- I was able to return postage paid the SB2000-pro for full refund. They did NOT withhold the difference I saved from the "pair" discount!  AND, a couple of weeks later, I received an additional credit for a price drop!

Take a close look at SVS.  a pair of micros likely have sufficient output for your room and will be more musical.  but if you desire lots of bass, a pair of SB will drive you out of the room.