Musical Fidelity A324 DAC too bright?

I'm using the DAC with a California Audio Ikon Cd player as a transport. I thought it was a noticeable improvement over the Cal cd player when I first bought it, but after almost 2 years, I find it too bright,almost harsh especially in comparison to records. Is that likely a problem with this particular model, cd technology itself or just the fact that I've become spoiled by recent upgrades in my record playing system. I'm using relatively inexpensive MIT cables for the digital connections. Can the brightness be ameliorated by changing cables or should I just sell the unit and get something different?
mlkiz

Showing 1 response by transnova

When I was using the A324 I found it to be very sensitive to transports and cables.It sounded very nice with a Rega Planet(original) and a Musical Fidelity A3 Cd used as transports.It sounded average with a Denon changer and absolutely awful with a cheap chinese DVD player as a transport.Most Digital cables I tried sounded good,however I did not like a monster 100 and loved an old Audio Alchemy(with the network(tin can).In my system,the MF DAC was rarely bright,and sometimes too bland.

Larry