Music Server - The Search Begins

I recently upgraded my amp to a Lyngdorf TDAI-3400, which incorporates the highest quality DAC I have owned, so it's gotten me to seriously consider adding a music server to my system.  
I've been mainly playing records through my system for the past 8 years, so I really haven't paid much attention to the digital side of things.  I need some help figuring out what's ideal for my needs.
The main criteria I have:
- Needs to be able to store a lot of music because I have thousands of CDs and downloads I want to store in one place
- Should have its own CD ripper
- Needs to be easy to use. I'd like to be able to navigate it without having to use a phone, tablet or computer all the time
- Must be reliable.  Glitchy, buggy systems will end up being returned.
- Must sound good, but doesn't need to be in the top 5% of its class.  
- Should be under $3K (but willing to consider higher priced if the benefits are really worth it)

Servers that I've been considering include the Cocktail Audio X50D, Sony HAP-Z1ES, BlueSound Vault, Melco N1.  I realize that not all of these on my list include every criteria I listed above, hence my plea for help.  

If you have experience using a server that you really like and that might make sense for me please share your experiences.  Thanks so much!!

Peter

128x128snackeyp
I guess I knew but did not know that if you get my drift..lol.
Yes I use a Mytek Brooklyn and I do not think any NAD dac would better that anyway so maybe a moot point
I’m a fan of separating my storage from my Dac and my renderer / player - that way - the individual components can be upgraded or replaced if needed.   

I’m very happy with a dedicated QNAP server networked in another room - many size choices - you can never have too much storage space - I have 32 tb with raid 6 running fine for the past 3 years - with LMS and Roon both running on their server - I just rip CD’s on my PC and store them on the networked server.  I use a special built fanless Linux PC as a player / endpoint ( Lampizator Komputer) - running into a Lampizator Big 7 Dac -  the system has been bullet proof for me for many years and I like the fact that there are no hard drives or fans spinning in my listening room and the qnap also serves my movies and recorded TV throughout the house -  roughly 20k albums and 2k movies and I’ve still got plenty of HD space and the ability to expand with external hard drive usb 3 ports on the server - I can serve the content to plex players, chrome cast, airplay, LMS touch and squeezebox radios throughout the house - all controlled with a phone, tablet, laptop or PC -  everything just works perfectly -  I avoid wireless transmission wherever possible - just to ensure good solid communication throughout the house 
without hawing read it all, buy  a Nuc i7 install Roon Rock and enjoy.
use your pc. for Ripping, put it to a storrage and forget about it  :-)
You would do well to check out the server from Mojo Audio. I have one of his servers of which I'm very happy. Ben provides excellent customer service and will spend a lot of phone time with you. He offers a 30 or 40 day refurn policy. Mojoaudio.com.

You would do well to check out the server from Mojo Audio. I have one of his servers of which I'm very happy. Ben provides excellent customer service and will spend a lot of phone time with you. He offers a 30 or 40 day refurn policy. Mojoaudio.com.