Music for 2022- Is It Just Me Or?..

Hello All!

December is now here and I realize that I have not purchased as much music this year. Being a Redbook guy I normally buy an average of 150-200 titles a year. So far this year-30 (and it’s not for lack of looking). I’m getting another order ready and have only 25 titles that want to own so far.

So- I wanted to put this question out to the group to see if it’s just me thinking this or if others feel the same- 

Have you found 2022 do be a boring year when it comes to new and interesting music?

Not talking about reissued “one more for the road” stuff.

designsfx

Showing 1 response by bigtwin

I believe it is human nature to have a 10 -15 period that was most influential to our musical tastes, unusally the time between age 10 - 25 give or take.  We tend to be less accepting of "new" music as we age.  Having said that, I was into my 60's when I really started to listen to jazz and classical music.  Can't say why it turned me off when I was listening to rock in the late 60's and through the 70's, but having finally found it, I would say jazz and classical now make up about 70% of what I listen to.  Is Beethoven new at 250 years?  Maybe the good stuff really is timeless.  Can't really believe any of the current music will still be listened to in 25 years, let alone 250?  Mick Jagger may have asked "Can't You Hear Me Knocking?" but when I open the door it's Christian McBride. 😂