Music Fidelity E624 CD Player

Has anyone heard this player.What is your opinion.
leafs

Showing 3 responses by dekay

Sean: The E624 is the same basic player as the X-Ray and the A3 Musical Fidelity players, in a different package. It is a nice sounding player, but some owners have told me that it lacks bass. I thought so too when I listened to it, but may have been influenced by those opinions at the time (I was relatively new to the digital format). Also interesting is that the three players mentioned all sound different, though electronicaly they may be almost identical. I assume that the varied chassis and cosmetics must account for the different sonic signatures. It makes me want to play around with chassis and cabinet damping on my old CAL.
PS: In regard to "bass", I should note that I settled on a CAL Icon II player that has a reputation for having too much "bass". We are all looking for slightly different sounds in equipment. And again, I did like the overall sound of the player. I saw one recently (here or at Audio Review) but they do not come up for sale very often, considering that Audio Advisor probably sold a slew of them over the Internet.
I would like to own the A3CD to use as a transport, but do not care for the gold and silver look. I still may reconsider when and if a $1,000.00 is available for equipment upgrades. I would like to own something new anyway so that I can put the miles on it myself. I like the idea of using a player instead of a dedicated transport as you can still listen to it when having the DAC upgraded. Which seems likely to happen in the future.