Music Culture mc 501A Dual CD and USB player

I've researched this unit on the internet and the Audiogon site but Im looking for first hand information either positive or negative from Audiogon members. Your thoughts please regarding Music Culture mc 501A Dual CD and USB player?
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xlak

Showing 6 responses by lak

Hi Rcprince,
I agree, I'll bet your system sounds wonderful.
And Mike is a very nice guy to deal with.
I received the MC 501A today.
It and the remote are solid, sexy, and built like a tank.
Sounded like my MBL 1531 CDP which was/is no slouch!
Without listening to the MBL vs MC 501A (MBL is in for repairs) side by side I have no idea what the differences are? I'm very pleased with the MC 501A :-)
The Oppo BDP 105 sounds good in my system as a CDP but the 501A is the winner; more refined, better sound stage and bass slam to my liking. Of course the 501A lists for 4X the cost of the Oppo.
Audiolabyrinth,
Contact Mike at Xtreme Fedelity in Fairfield NJ. Read my last post carefully for best pricing! Thats the only place that I know of where you can purchase Music Culture.
Jmcgrogan2 and Iblieve,
Thank you both for your assistance. I did not realize that Audiogon had put this thread on Audiogon until just now. I'm still figuring out how the newer Audiogon site works (sad but true).
My MBL 1531 CDP stopped working and I had to send it out for repairs. I'll be without it for another two and a half months. I'm currently using the new Oppo BDP-105 (which I think sounds great) and then when I receive my repaired unit I can slide the Oppo to my flat screen in place of my $80 Blue Ray player.
I sure would like to know how the Music Culture would sound compared to the Oppo?
Thanks again for any input you can offer.
Larry
Iblieve,
Thanks for your input. I'll let you know how it all turns out I should receive my 501A tomorrow (11/21).
Audiolabyrinth,
I’m not an expert on the Music Culture Elegance 501A CDP, after all I just received mine yesterday (11/21/13).
I believe if you read the following review it will answer all of your questions, I have found that what was said it true and a fair review.
http://www.ultraaudio.com/index.php/equipment-menu/375-music-culture-elegance-mc-501a-cd-player-dac
I came across this CDP by accident but it was one of the best things that has happened to me in audio.
Xtreme Fedelity in Fairfield NJ was the US distributer for this German company but no longer. They still have some of these new $4000 CDP’s that they want to move.
It’s up to you to negotiate your best price plus freight. If I were you I would want to pay a lot less then $1900. ;-)