Muralmans' amps reviewed Ultra Audio.

Guess he wasn't telling tall-tales afterall.
128x128tabl10s
Post removed 
Talking about reading between the lines..... Why would someone join Audiogon just to comment on one component. Seems weird to me.

Tvad is right. It is all in the implementation. Henry got it right.
If you don't hear the MOSFET veil, then you don't. I heard it clearly on the "Fire" preamp. MOSFETs can sound clean when you choose the correct one and bias it correctly. MOSFETs are excellent at voltage gain. They get nonlinear with current gain. Nelson Pass and others have written on the subject.

Why would someone join audiogon just to hype his own system endlessly and deny that anything else on the face of the earth might even be remotely as good. Seems weird to me.

Just joined? Check you dates....

Tvad is right. It is in the implementation (and parts selection).
I heard no veil...I compared it to my Audioprism Mantissa tubed preamp which replaced a Bent Audio transformer volume control in my system a couple years ago...both first rate in my opinion.

Amps were tubed monos (Rogue M-120 Magnums) and speakers (Apogee Duetta Signature)...it did take around 2 hours warm up before really opening up and fleshing out. Maybe not a good preamp choice for those users that can only grab a quick listen to their systems...sounded about on par with my Sunfire Theatergrand before full warm up...(good, but nothing special).

After it got "very hot"...(around two hours)...it was one of the better preamps I've had the pleasure to use in my system.

It's attributes are subtle with noting standing out, however...it digs very deep into the recording if you listen. It has a large outboard power supply...three times the size of my Mantissa...probably why the bass is so good.

Dave
Whimby, I'm sorry if I seem rude, but the way to check membership is to click
on your monicker. I did, and got, "Dec. 2006. One thread
answered."

Sogood 51 is right. There certainly is no veiling, and I don't pick up any 2nd
order harmonics either.