Motor Controller ugrade for Raven One Turntable

Jeff, at Highwater Sound has said that owners of the TW Acustic Raven One turntable can experience a huge improvement in sound by replacing the Raven One motor controller with the controller from the Raven AC turntable.

Has anyone tried this? Jeff is the authority on the Raven turntables, so I am sure he is right about this. I am just curious to hear from any Raven One owners that have tried this.
slowhand

Showing 1 response by stickman451

If any of you have met, know, or had stereo business dealings with Jeff at Highwater Sound then you are already aware that Jeff does not give any 'sales' pitches nor does he ever feed you bull$$!!. He is as honest as they come in the business and far more knowledgeable than most! He's genuine and the real deal; a true music lover, very experienced, patient, and generally concerned about making you happy and giving solid music and stereo advice. And, he sells top notch gear including the TW tables which are without a doubt some of the very finest tables you can buy. German craftsmanship at it's best!

Yes, I have heard this motor change demoed at Highwater sound in NY and yes it makes a noticeable hearable difference. BTW, VPI makes decent products too but none of their motors can hold a candle to any of the TW motors (and I actually own a VPI Aries 3 now myself).

Try the motor change; if you aren't happy with it I am betting that Jeff will take it back...