Most beautiful turntable under $5k

Beauty may be in the eye of the beholder, but thought this might be a fun topic. Obviously the most important thing about audio gear is how it sounds, but I find some of it truly beautiful to look at too, particularly turntables, which almost by necessity are best placed somewhere on display. Some days I love the simplicity of something like the Clearaudio Concept Wood (particularly the dark wood)….other days the “audio jewelry” appearance of EAT or VPI. My personal vote, however, would go to the Gold Note Pianosa. For me it has a timeless beauty and elegance that’s never over the top. I can’t imagine ever tiring of looking at in and think it would look great with a wide array of decor.

What would be your personal choice for most beautiful turntable under $5k? What about cost-no-object options?

ethos123

Showing 1 response by ethos123

I probably should have expected all the votes for vintage tables, but honestly didn’t.  Glad to check out a few that were off my radar and be reminded of the beauty with some of the classics as well.  I have definitely had my eye on that MoFi/Fender…it was on my shortlist for sure. Those SAM turntables, @miketuason, look awesome in a steam-punk kind of way that make me wonder if I’d be cool enough to have one. Had never heard of them before and no idea how the SAM sounds, but it’s definitely beautiful artwork and way cheaper than I expected upon first seeing a photo. If I didn’t have a toddler, that’s one I’d love to have on display in the living room or home office to just stare at even if it doesn’t sound great. The aforementioned toddler has me in a holding pattern, but when he’s old enough I look forward to moving my VPI Nomad into the living room for the whole family and upgrading to something great for my office system…until then I just get to look so thanks for all the eye candy you guys have shared.