More expensive = better?

Because I have never owned any very high end gear I’m wondering if an $8000 integrated amp will sound jaw dropping better than a $5000 one? Right now my system is Parasound JC2 and SMC Audio DNA1 Gold. 

Thanks in advance,

Ben

honashagen

What do you think i spoke about : a publicity for GIK acoustic bass traps?

Yes read audio thread, how many spoke about not ONLY about room treatment with passive materials but also active controls...

Almost none...They boast about pricey dac or speakers or amplifiers...

For sure almost nobody know that an acoustically DEDICATED room is the ONLY luxury in audio...

Not a costly piece of gear ....

A beginner enter read all that, and he think that an amplifier of 10,000 bucks and costly speakers will give him the best S.Q./price ratio in his living room...my system cost 500 bucks ... I am not the ideal choice for gear publicity....

This is how a customer crowd is conditioned...No acoustic lesson and especiually no psycho-acoustic lesson either... Am i stunned after 9 years or reading the free publicity for gear in audio thread , putting aside the ESSENTIAL acoustic ? Yes i am...Call me a fool...

mahgister stunned by general ignorance?

More expensive = better?

No. More expensive = more expensive. Better? - that has to do with the intent of the manufacturer and far less to do with price. If they are making something expensive to make money, its likely it will be mediocre.

There is something called the Veblen Effect which says that there is a perception that because something is more expensive that it must also have more value- the point of the Veblen Effect as a phenomena is simply to point out that the perception isn’t based in reality.

Better is when its better, not just if its more expensive.