Monoblocks and Marchand

I have ordered a Marchand powered crossover and plan on using it with my Cary 500MB monoblocks. One monoblock for the high mids on my Maggies and the other monoblock for the bass. A friend says that will not work. Anyone out there have experience with this set up?
markus1299

Showing 3 responses by markus1299

Thank you Trebejo for this great insight. I'm still at the lower end of the learning curve but I'm gettin there thanks to people like you.
I will have to explore using my Cary 120S tube amp on the top end and the Cary monoblocks on the bass. I'm not sure how this hooks up but will explore this possibility.
UPDATE,

Received the Marchand XM44 powered crossover yesterday and spent a few hours to install it last night. I've got my Cary 120S, EL34 tube amp on the highs and mids and Cary 500MB monoblocks on the base powering my Magnepan 20.1's. The sound is incredable. Night and day difference between the Magnepan passive crossovers and the Marchand. Everything just seems more coherent and the base is excellent. If you have 20.1's, you are missing out using stock crossovers.
John C.

What frequencies did you find worked best in your set up. I'm still experimenting but don't think I've found the ideal ranges yet.