Monoblock Aegirs

I am moving my old Vandersteen 2ce sig II out of the media room and setting up a 2 channel listening room in a pretty good size space in our front room, 25’ x 25’ with a large adjoining dinning room and 10’ ceilings. I have been known to be asked to turn it down by the wife. I was looking at getting a Cambridge Audio CXN V2 for streaming duties connected to a Schiit Freya + preamp and I am debating on amplification. Curious if anyone has hooked up a pair of monoblock Aegirs to the Sig II’s and how well they drove them on the bottom end? Or am I better off with the Vidar?
Thanks
395garrison
@ 395garrison, Yes they do. My point was if,one Aegir in mono drives them with no problem with two 15’’ woofers. One Aegir in mono should drive your Vandersteen with no problem with one 8’’ woofer. One Aegir in mono is 40 watts @8 Ohms. 40 Watts for your Vandersteens i think is good. So my point is two Aegir should work good. IMO, BTY, I think bi-amping is great ,Just more money more amps. I was just trying to give some insight on the amp. Mike. I hope that helps. :-)
Any amp that is mono'd including these Aegir's have bridged output stages. And when that's done they DON"T drive the bass when it has low impedance as good as the same amp in stereo mode.

As a bridged output stage as in the mono'd Aegir,
Is higher in output impedance (bad)
Lower in damping factor (bad)
Lower current ability(bad)
Higher in distortion(bad)  
Less stable in to low impedances (very bad).
But you have higher wattage?

You make what was a good stereo amp into "almost" a higher wattage PA amp. Good for easy >8ohm load speakers, just to get higher dB's and go loud.

Cheers George  
tomic601

Also I run Treo CT in a 16 x 35’ room with a 40 wpc NAIM SS poweramp.....

I am obsessed with the LTA integrated amps, specifically their 40 watt version. All their products get superb reviews, but I worry that it won’t have the oomph to drive my Vandy 2CE SigIII’s. Maybe it would? Small room (12x15), typically don’t listen above 85db. I am running an Odyssey Khartago now (120 wpc) which has more than enough power. 60 wpc or maybe less should be okay.
https://www.lineartubeaudio.com/products/z40-integrated-amplifier