Monitors $1,000 to $2,000?

Category: Speakers

Just getting started here. Currently I am looking at:

o Joseph Audio RM7si MK2s
o Monitor Audio Gold Reference (GR) 10s

It is a mid- to large-sized room so a sub will likely eventually be paired. Music selection will vary widely with an emphasis on Jazz and Blues, most likely sourced from a universal player to be deterimed and amped from either a Unico/ Unison Research or a nicely moded Jolinda 302B.

So...

o Which would your pick be?
o What else should I look at?
o Which amp would you pair with?

Thanks so much!
kahana
Okay, here is a compiled list of suggestions that I think I could swing on the used market. How would you relative rank?

Dynaudio Special 25s
Sonus Cremonas (probably a budgetary a stretch)
Tyler Lindbrook Monitors
Joseph RM7MK2s
VMPS 626 Ribbons (still don't know much about)

I still like the Monitors just fine, but for now they are off the list. Of course it is a matter of taste, and I would probably be happy with any of these. Auditioning opportunities are another matter. So 12345 on sonic performance across a wide spectrum of music, what is your opinion? As for me, final input is good since I am ready to make a decision soon. Thanks K
On a responce posted on this topic (3/20 /04) a VMPS speaker is reviewed. I would suggest you look at that first before deciding. I have a pair of Proac Responce 2 which I love. Used with respective stands about 1600.
If you are looking at monitors in this price range then I would recommend the offerings from Proac. There should be three speakersd which you should consider listening too. They would be the Tablette 2000 and the Tablette Reference 8 and Reference 8 signature. These monitors just "sing" and they just disappear in a room. If you are going to add a subwoofer to your system then any of the three would be a wise choice, the 8 signature being my favorite. The midrange will be classic british sound, not thrown right in you face, but just suspended right in the soundstage, and the amps your looking at will have more than enough juice to satisfy. There have been serveral reviews on the 8 signature and they are all very positive, check out MF's review in a recent Stereophile. The ultimate choice would be the next replacement for the Response 1SC.

If you have to chose between the Joseph audios and the Monitor Audios I would eventually go for the monitor audios, because there is no doubt that they are the better engineered speakers, even though the JAs are excellent and more exclusive, the monitor audio will leave you more satisfied.