Monitors $1,000 to $2,000?

Category: Speakers

Just getting started here. Currently I am looking at:

o Joseph Audio RM7si MK2s
o Monitor Audio Gold Reference (GR) 10s

It is a mid- to large-sized room so a sub will likely eventually be paired. Music selection will vary widely with an emphasis on Jazz and Blues, most likely sourced from a universal player to be deterimed and amped from either a Unico/ Unison Research or a nicely moded Jolinda 302B.

So...

o Which would your pick be?
o What else should I look at?
o Which amp would you pair with?

Thanks so much!
kahana
ATC SCM 12, because it has better bass, mids and highs than any speaker in its price class, although I will caution you that tubes will not 1. be needed to smooth the sound and 2. be good enough to drive these speakers in a larger room.

The ATC 7" Mid/woof driver completely out classes the L17 Seas driver in the Joseph and the the Monitor Audio's are not as good as the Joseph.

Biggest draw back to ATC SCM-12 is the 8-10 dealers that carry the product line. They will likely be hard to find in your area. At the moment no speaker company is putting out better valued speakers than ATC, the SCM7 at $1K, 12 @ $2K and the SCM35 at $4K.

Others to look at, Dynaudio, C1.1, Aud72, New PSB Platinum
Thanks for your reply... looking at this again it should have been in the discussion area... next time I'll get it right and will post my reviews as this post continues to keep on track. Thanks!
The Monitor 10's are killer. I loved them with my audio refinement integrated. Don't forget to look at Revel M20's in the used market.