Mola Mola Tambaqui Roon vs Separate Streamers

I'm currently using my Mola Mola Tambaqui with Roon streaming Tidal.

Has anyone added a separate streamer such as the Auralic Aries G2/2.1 or the Lumin U1?  If so, was differences did you hear with the streamer addition?  Is it worthwhile?  

I'd love to hear feedback from other Tambaqui owners.

Thanks!

calgarian5355

Showing 4 responses by calgarian5355

Hi Ken, 

Thanks for your reply.

I added the Silent Angel Bonn 8 and the HDplex Linear power supply as well.  Instead of the EtherRegen, I opted for the Gigafoil.  I upgraded all the DC power cords for the Nucleaus, Silent Angel, Gigafoil, and my router with Audio Sensibility cables.  Like everything in this hobby, each upgrade makes a small improvement.  

I'm considering the Lumin U1 or Auralic Aries G2/2.1 as my next upgrade.  I've read up on the Grimm, but I'm not sure I can justify the cost.  How are you connecting the G2.1 to the Tambaqui?  

Tony

@metaldetektor So the Grimm would get rid of my Nucleus since it's the core as well?  If so, how are the Roon updates....seamless?  That's one thing I really like about the Nucleus....set it and forget it!  I was watching the Hans Youtube review and it looks impressive!  I would need to purchase the AES connector as well.  Which dealer did you purchase from?  It wouldn't hurt to enquire.  There are no dealers here in Canada it appears.

@davidyny @fastfreight  How does the Sean Jacobs connect up to the Aries G2.1?  I did a Google search and I see an internal power supply upgrade (hoer-wege) upgrade but couldn't find out how the Sean Jacobs would be wired in.  The Sean Jacobs is around $7400US?   Yes, power cords and cables all make a difference!  I have experience with the Kubala Sosna Emotion XLR and Emotion power cords.  They're excellent, but I find them to be a touch warm.  I'm guessing the Elation and Realization lineups are more extended and neutral.  I've been very happy with my High Fidelity Cables (out of business now, unfortunately).  I've tried even compared my entry level Reveal lineup to the Nordost Valhalla, and they were a better match in my system.....Everything in this hobby makes a diffference!

@fastfreight Did you get your Sean Jacobs?  Did you hear an obvious improvement?  I'm curious to hear your findings....

@low325 How is your Grimm MU1 and Tambaqui working out?  Did you keep your Lumin X1 to compare?  I'm curious to hear your findings!