Modwright sony xa 5400cd

I have the player with over 400 hours of play. I love the sound but I feel the pace and rhythm is a little slow. Does anyone else find this to be the case.
jwm

Showing 3 responses by jwm

I am using 2.5m of unbalanced Cardas Clear. Capacitance of the cable if too high would effect the top end by rolling it off; would not effect pace and rhythm. I am using a VAC Phi 300.1 monoblocks and their best preamp. I am in triode mode. I will switch to pentode mode and see.
I am using 14 gauge belden power cords. I am just using the cd players feet. Pentode mode did not matter, I do prefer triode better. The cd player sounds marvelous with Sylvania 6sn7 input tubes in the amps. I had RCA's in that position before.
Bob did you remember to take your Prozac today. Wow, what an article. First off I never said I did not like the Modright CD player. I just noted that I thought its pace was a tad slower than I was used to. Everything in this hobby is suggestive. Why you are making a big deal about this is beyond me. Like Bob said we are good friends for many years. Our tastes are a little different. When I had the Timbre, Musical Fidelity, and Charle's another good friend's, Yomamoto YDA-1 dac in my system I did not notice the pace problem. Bob's system to me with his beautifully home made speakers always seem to come off on the leaner side of nuetral, with lots of detail. I was missing that warmth in the lower mids that I hear in live music. This did change for me however when Charles brought over his single ended Coincident Frakenstein M300B MK II Monoblocks. His system had that beautiful warmth in the midrange that I am use to hearing in my system. I really like my system and in the end that is all that really matters.