Modify my scd ce775 or buy external DAC?

I like the SACD performance of this budget player for the money but the cd sound gives me some serious fatigue-even through tubes-would i be better off having it modded by , say SACDmods for $335 or use that money to buy an MSB link III or even a used DAC?
tdelgiudd97b

Showing 2 responses by tdelgiudd97b

SACDmods.com claim that the level of their modded 775 is above the 555, which many of their customers have backed up-thanks for your responses, i'd never heard of the Micromega-by the way, i have some old monster cable interconnects, do you think that even the stock player would benefit right away from the MIT cables?
the dealer i bought the 775 from has been very nice and is letting me audition some interconnects (they carry Tara Labs) the first ones they gave me are an older model that were supposedly built to smooth out cheaper cd players (Quantum cx is what is printed on them) and they sound nice but are a bit rolled off in the bass- next i'm going to try some Tara Labs RSC Axiom- and we'll see- anyone have any opinions-my brand choices are fairly limited around here.