Modified DCM TFE200's......World Reference Now

I can't believe how much better these speakers sound after I cut out the whole side walls of the midrange chamber...its a night and day difference! All my friends are amazed too.....
hifisoundguy
I think if you pull the woofer and tweeter out and disconnect the crossover you will be blowing away :)
Wont get any better than that , you have done everything else. Keep up the good work
Wow new 901 please keep us posted :)
I found out about the all new bose 901's on the ecoustics forum.... forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/1/343260.html If this link does not work do a GOOLE search for..... Bose plans to launch 901's series 7
Not much info in that link.

I was wondering how long they'd keep series 6 out. That series was introduced in 1987. Now exactly 20 years later it would make sense to make series 7.

If they can improve the treble and get rid of the port noise they'll be something to look into.
Seriously, is this thread a joke? The Bose 901 speaker drivers have a manufacturing cost of less than 10 dollars per driver (in quantaties of 1000 mind you). As far as I know, that makes them one of the least expensive drivers in any speaker on the planet for a speaker priced obove $200 MSRP. Perhaps Bose has re-written the laws of high performance driver performance under the 10 dollar mark? Then again, the total build of materials in their Wave radio system had a total build of material cost of less than $40 bucks when I tried to sell them an IC Micro-controller 6 years ago (when I sold IC's). Unfortunately I couldn't get the price below $5 for their Micro and lost the sale. You've got to give this company credit for convincing the masses that 900% mark-up (or more) is actually a worthwhile product worth owning. Then again, is this thread just an off-handed joke poking fun at Bose?
Ehider,
I think this thread was started as being serious. If you look at Hifisoundguy's threads, he has regularly praised the Bose line of products.