Modifications to digital ... SCD777ES

Considering having my SCD-777ES SACD player modded to include Blackgate capacitors, Vishay resistors, Harris diodes, hook-up wire and cardas rca jacks. This could cost around $1000. What improvements would I expect? Is it worth the cost? Who has had this done and can comment? I prefer this over an DAC because improvements would be realized on cd and SACD output. Syst includes Talon Khorus, 777, Aloia Inductive amp/preamp, and Audio Tekne cables. I realize Great Northern Sound "may" offer an output stage board on March but this was originally scheduled for Dec.
128x128mikeg

Showing 2 responses by vintgeguru

i don't know if simon is talking to me but if you are i am talking about www.audience-av.com. they are the ones who do the mods, call them and check them out.
hey mikeg, i also have a 777 and have been pondering doing similar mods to it. accordingly i have asked the same question and have not gotten a response from anyone. i'm sure it would some better based on the theory that replacing machined parts with better hand picked and better performing parts should sound better however the only way to find out such things is to try it and find out. i have heard great northern sound was doing mods but haven't heard of anyone having theirs done there or if they're even doing it at all yet. there is another company called www.audience-av.com that supposedly wil create a new output stage for redbook. basically i think they add a tubed output. they claim to be able to beat anything on the market. this is a high horse to climb. they also bypass the original output and the power supplies are transferred to the motor and display i think he said. anyway, if you end up doing something to it, please let me know the results so i can do something similar when money permits.

thanks,

jayson