Modifications to digital ... SCD777ES

Considering having my SCD-777ES SACD player modded to include Blackgate capacitors, Vishay resistors, Harris diodes, hook-up wire and cardas rca jacks. This could cost around $1000. What improvements would I expect? Is it worth the cost? Who has had this done and can comment? I prefer this over an DAC because improvements would be realized on cd and SACD output. Syst includes Talon Khorus, 777, Aloia Inductive amp/preamp, and Audio Tekne cables. I realize Great Northern Sound "may" offer an output stage board on March but this was originally scheduled for Dec.
128x128mikeg

Showing 1 response by ears

I just ordered the service manual so i could get the cap and resistor values and may just do my own modding like audiocrazed on the audioasylum board,only i will replace the main power supply caps with blackgate and use film caps and resistors in place of polystrene wherever possible. I don't no how long this will take but it should be faster than sending it out to be done, and since no ones even had one done and got it back yet to post results.audiocrazed has posted even better than initial results after a little break in, the player now compares well to his wadia 860. Now those are results.