Mobile Fidelity Recording

I have heard several of these cd's and have been very unimpressed. They are slightly better then the originals but not by much and the general over all quality poor. The only good ones I have heard are Pink Floyed which are great to begin with. Am I missing something? Did I just happen to not hear some of the better ones?
perfectimage
Heard through the grapevine that a Chicago base company is looking to buy the rights to MFSL, not sure if the same quality level will be duplicated. Heard that it could possibly happen in a few months. I for one do hope this happens and that the quality is as in the past, especially being a buyer of these outstanding CD's.
That would be nice if MFSL came back. WHO's Next #UDCD-754 is the most incredible rock recording I've ever heard. The dynamics & details of vocals, guitar and drums are absolutely the best. Any doubters of MFSL have to listen to this recording. I can guarantee it will be your top Rock reference CD to judge your system.
There's no question they vary. There are some instances where the imports are better than MFSL, but MFSL is consistently better than the standard--sometimes by a tremendous amount. Try Cat Stevens Tea for the Tillerman--compare that to the original. You won't be able to listen to the original again
Its not that I find the recording bad as much as I think they are to analytical. They lack warmth. They sound incredible in my friends car but on my high end system I find them lacking. Thanks for the advice Abstract I will try the Cat Stevens. I have been debating that one for a long time.