MM or MC cartridge for Mm input on Preamp

I have a MM input available on my Manley Steelhead and wonder that a MM or high out MC cartridge should fit in this input. 
Any recommendation or opinion is appreciated. 
Thanks in Advance. 

houstonreef

@Lewm, thank you for sharing your knowledge. I use steelhead as phono function only since it does not have a remote. With that being  said, steelhead is connected to a integrated amp. 

Presumably the linestage section of your integrated adds gain to the max of 65 db gain you can get from the Steelhead. Incidentally don’t you have a remote for volume with your steelhead? Mine does. But it doesn’t control input, etc.

Lewm,

I dont have a remote on my steelhead. i feel that its line stage is not my taste so that is the reason why i connect it to another pre and volume remote control is big of the deal for me.

By any chance, have you ever had or experienced Audiocraft AC3300 tone arm?

If you own a v2.0 Steelhead, which hasn’t changed in at least a decade, you should have its remote volume control, which of course is only relevant if you use the Steelhead as a full function preamplifier. Since you use it as a phono stage, the Manley remote is irrelevant of course. Any way you probably need the extra gain afforded by your linestage, if you’re using such a low output cartridge, which you haven’t identified so far.

i can not find the gain in my integrated amp manual which is Line magnetic LM845 premimum. The cart is Sumiko Palo Santos 0.5mv.