ML 39 w/Bryston amp and Thiel 2.3?

Looking for comments from anyone who has owned/experimented with the combo above...current setup is a Sony DVD-P7000 run through an Acurus ACT-3 to Bryston 9B amp and Thiel 1.5s. (System used for audio and Home Theater). Planning to ugrade soon to Thiel 2.3s, and am considering a Mark Levinson 39 as a high end digital front end to run balanced into two channels of the Bryston. Would be curious as to experiences with the 39 and any Bryston amp and Thiel speaker...how laid back, etc?
rsuminsby

Showing 5 responses by lev335

hello, I want to say I strongly disagree about the 39. I own one and do not have such problems. The unit is one of the greatest cd players I have ever tried. I love it and wont sell it unless I was forced to do so. When someone makes bad comments about it you need to wonder how good there other electonics where at the time. That is very important with such a revealing cd player. The player does everything And the sound is unmatched. So I would HIGHLY recommend buying it. I cant say enough great things about it. It is mind blowing. I use the 39 direct to my 335 and Martin Logan Ascents. Very nice sound
well I can tell you this dweller, I live in North Haven Connecticut and Madrigal is only 20 minutes from my home. And I have a good freind who works there and That is not a reported problem with the 39. You may have had a problem with yours. It happens. My point is the 39 is not only the most versitile cd players on the market but it has a sound that is hard to beat. Sorry to hear you had a problem with yours but me and 5 other audiophiles that I know love it. Good luck
dweller, Iam sorry but there is nothing wrong with my unit. Maybe its because mine is newer than yours was? I deal with Madrigal directly with a few things I have going on and they wouldnt sell units that dont work in an unsuffient manner.They didnt get there name by doing such things. The 39 has been tested on the bench with much more supireor cd players than the msb and has beaten them out by a noticable margin. I like what ever sounds good to me and I dont care who makes it. Thats the name of the game. Its all about the music and how close will that peice of equipment bring me to the real thing. So in that I rate the 39 as top quality from sound to build quality. All the reviews by magazines and people who have owned it are always great ones. I have the final word and I agree it is one amazing cd player and very hard to beat.
A better answer to your question is most of the people who own theil speakers use Levinson because it smooths the theils out. They can be brite. The Brystons are very good but they are not as refined as the Levinson gear.so by adding the 39 it will smooth out your overall presentation.The 39 is a cdplayer you will buy and have for many many years to come.If I where you buy the 39 and use your system the way it is and then sell the brystons and get a Levinson amp and run the 39 directly to your amp. And you will be blown away with the results. Good luck
I dont act as a apologist. I just call a spade a spade its a great unit. What else can I say? There are many great players out there. I happen to like the 39 more than others. It is the most flexable unit on the market. Hands down. I shouldnt be judged for liking a peice of equipment. Good luck