Mini Monitors under $500 used

I have a small room 10x10x8 that Im using as a den. Have a Nad 326bee and Marantz 6250 cd, what would you recommend for speakers? Detail, sound stage, and resolution are important to me.
thank you for answering
Brian
brianvportugal

Showing 1 response by au_dioguy

In order to have a great sound, the floor speakers are the way to go. Believe me, I have heard and tested a lot of floor speakers and I would highly recommend Polk Audio RTiA9 without hesitation and without breaking the bank. This model is very well design and it has nice tones separation. This model is the best one of all in Polk Audio line. It sounds better than Revel F12 and F32. Please test them out and decide for yourself. Put in a hip hop top 40 musics and listen to how well the sounds separation are. I believe tones separation are define how well the speaker is made. If you listen to Jazz, orchestra, and classical that are too easy do decide on the speakers because basically there is not much of floor/background noise to begin with in Jazz, orchestra or classical, i.e, you would not hear the bass mixing with the vocals..etc.. I am not associate with Polk audio or Revel, but these are the two brands that are very well made and very competitive. Revel F 52, Studio and Salon 2 can be out perform some of the most expensive speakers under 70K. i.e, Salon 2 has better bass than the MBL 116, it has no bass,and 101E mkii, the bass is too boomy.