Micromega M-One Integrated - any first hand experience?

Hi all,

I'm looking for a modern all-in-one integrated amp that includes a really nice phono stage. (I know, I know, this comes up a lot in the forums!)

The Micromega M-One looks like it might fit the bill – simple in form, good range of connectivity options, rumoured to sound great at shows, etc...  But I haven't seen many decent reviews of it. And that seems a bit odd.

The Parasound Halo (as a comparable integrated) is well covered – lots of opinions on it from the audio media. But this M-One has stayed under the radar even though it's been out for several months. Weird.

I know there's a thread on this amp already, but it was started by a dealer – a very knowledgeable and nice one at that – and it kind of lost focus.

I'm just hoping for an unbiased opinion from anyone who's had first hand experience with the M-One and is willing to share any thoughts on its sound and operation.

Thanks for reading this, guys.
Stefan
stefanwegner
Dave,
That's really helpful. Thank you for taking the time to respond. I'm going to take a look at the other integrated amps you mentioned, for comparison's sake. If you have another minute to spare, could you please describe your experiences with the sound of the phono stage on the MC setting? I have a lot of vinyl that needs to be played! And again, thank you for chiming in. It's fantastic to see engaged retailers sharing their considerable knowledge. Cheers!
Honestly never tested the phono stage on the Micromega, I am sure it is decent. 

The question is how much and how serious is your vinyl playback.

I have 4,000 records but I tend to enjoy the convenience and good sound of streaming TIdal or flac files. I do love good vinyl playback. The issue is how good do you expect? $4,500.00 for an amp/streamer/dac/phono stage/headphone amp is not exactly huge money. 

I can honestly test it for you and report back. I love the Rega Aria $1,500.00  great phono stage especially with the Rega RP 6 or 8 just outstanding.

What table and cart are you using? 
Hey Dave,
I'm using a Wilson Benesch Full Circle with an Ortofon Quintet Black. It's a decent combo and I use it daily. So yeah, a good amount of vinyl playback going on. I know that a great separate phono stage will always perform better than one jammed into an integrated amp. But I'm hoping the Micromega's is a strong enough performer with MC cartridges to warrant purchasing the unit. Thanks so much for being willing to try yours out with a turntable. I would love to hear your honest impressions of it!
I have a M-One and can state that the phono stage is superb. I use it with my vintage Thorens TD 160 and the combo, despite being unusual, works really well. Totally recommend.