Micromega M-100/150 field reports

Got a M-100 or M-150?  Share your setups, tweaks and observations, and help out your homies.

My initial M-100 config and some early observations in this thread.

Things I'm wondering about:

• hacks & upgrades to LAN infrastructure including h/w, and whether they make an objective difference in reproduction from the M-100/150
  • power cords/supplies, with same question (objective difference?)
  • MARS room correction performance & value
  • whether Micromega will have any relief for the abject instability of their Android control app (circa 2016)
usery

Hi guys 

I have bought few months ago m100 great amp and dac ! 

however I noticed that I don’t have tidal access on Micromega app, it’s not supported anymore ?thanks

ok I got answer from Micromega  

"It turns out that these have totally changed the way to connect these streaming services with the app. This explains your inability to connect to the streaming service from the Micromega app.

We are not able to update the IOS app currently and advise you to go through your Tidal app in order to stream on your M100."

I'm hoping some of you might have some insight to share...

I currently have a Hegel HD30 DAC, H30 amp, and Revel Concerta 2 F36 (the speakers may seem like the weak link, but they sound far superior to my ears compared to many other speakers I’ve had that cost multiples/thousands more... so I’m "dabbling" in Revel’s entry level before deciding to move up the stack). Cables are various Ansuz (C2) and I’m using power conditioning. Digital front end is an Aurender 100 (USB-out only).

Here’s my frustration... the system sounds incredibly high-resolution and nuanced, but yet lacks an organic musicality or "soul" that stops just shy of becoming emotionally involving. I suspect most of this signature is related to the digital front-end/DAC.

So I’ve been looking for a musical sounding DAC for some time but have been reluctant to buy blind... and also frustratingly most well-regarded DACs omit volume control which would necessitate the $$ purchase of a pre-amp (and additional pair of balanced cables).

So I’m theorizing... the Micromega M100 gives me several options... one of which is likely to improve sound quality along the lines I’m hoping for (more organic/musical/lush): A) use it as a pre-amp; B) use it as a DAC/Pre-amp; C) use it as a DAC/Pre-amp/amp. You get the ideal... basically it would allow me to see what changes in my system might move the needle of the sonic signature I’m after (DAC, Pre-amp, and even amp).

I’d love your thoughts...

Thanks!!