merlin with conrad johnson?

Background: I used quite a while audiostatics (loved it!) afterwards some professional studio monitors, later a fully blown studio system made by acustik lab, now I am going to join the merlin vsm mxe owners - after having heard an early vsm (gen III) at a friends place.
My question: I have been using the Pathos Twin Towers, Conrad Johnson PV12 + premier 11A, Krell 300iL and most recently an Einstein integrated (all sh); what should I keep for the merlins?
Or is there really only the way through berning, joule, or atma's?
btw: sources are rock tt with rega/benz, and the updated Bow ZZ8, a great device.
thanks for your consideration!
egidius
this is something you have to hear for yourself egidius.
i was thinking of something else but this is very interesting. bel amps do sound very good too, keep that in mind if need be.
50 watts is more than enough power and the output impedance should be high making for an undamped sound.
one listen will tell all for you.
regards,
bobby
Oi Bobby when are my MXE's finished? :))

Also Egidius has bought my Berning amp...will be sorry to see it go :(

I had also had great results using the Leben CS-300X integrated. Its an EL84 design but seems to love the Merlins.

Now i'm looking for an amp after the departure of the Berning next week.

Bobby, what element of the new mxe speakers makes them more easier to mate with solid state?

Richard
well here I am with the berning, having sold my stella speakers in order to make space for the merlins. The surprise will all be mine, i suppose. I have checked the berning in the studio (on a sota sovereign analysis system, which is quite inefficient, so no direct comparison, and that is very promising.