Meridian 808.2 CD Player......

If anyone has listened to or owns this player - your opinions would be appreciated .....
garebear
Mert - I just had impression from your statement that you think J.A was talking about SACD performance. You are entitled to your opinions but for me, at least, J.A opinion counts more. And this is just an opinion.
Garebear - dCS in the past had many reliability problems with the Philips SACD transport they were using. They were not alone - many great hi-end companies that used the same drive had identical problems.

This is why all their latest offerings (Puccini, Paganini, Scarlatti) use Esoteric tranport. Combining Esoteric transport mechanism, with their state-of-the-art digital conversion, makes it a wining combination IMO.
Hello, I took delivery of my 808.2i from Weinhart Design in L.A.in mid-December. I have an ASR EmitterI Exclusive(b)along with Klipsch La Scala with Townshend super-tweeters. I uptraded from the 808 SR for $6250 and my 808 SR.1. Totally worth it. And, the differences to my ear are more dramatic than subtle'; despite what some reviewers say. Which could be attributed to my particular setup, of course. If you have any specific questions, please let me know.
A friend has a simple internal mod for his 808.2 that he said improves the sound. He said it bettered his Spectral, GNSC modified Wadia 861 and full dCS stack.
Dear Tab110s,

Sir,

You mentioned 'A friend has a simple internal mod for his 808.2'
Can you shed some ligh on it ?
Please.

I have a Meridian 808i.2 & would love to make a change to it.

Thanks,

bhagwan

schwinnaudio