Melos Audio Restoration going strong...

This post is a retraction to a previous one I made out of frustration towards the fine folks at Melos Audio Restoration. I jumped to an unwarranted conclusion that was false and would like to set the record straight. I have been contacted by Will And Jerry and we have discussed our positions on this matter and they have graciously accepted my apology and I hope that all of you in the Audio community will too. Although they are a small operation and are understaffed, these 2 fine gentlemen are extremely devoted to their work and customers and take pride in seeing that every unit that enters their shop is restored back to its previously glorious working condition...perfection doesn't happen overnight and I failed to recognize this fact. Thanx to all for allowing me this opportunity to clear the air, the reputation of these devoted men and hopefully my name as well...Sincerely, Jeff
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xmooncrikit
I would definitely like to third, and additionally say that I have known Will for a very long time (nearly 20 years). He has always been the consummate professional and of the highest integrity. I purchased my MA-333R6 preamp in the dark days where Melos build quality and customer service struggled because they were broke and had sold off the company to "less-than-competent" individuals. The preamp never worked and had made the roundtrip to Vegas 5 times (!). I was on the brink of having a (very expensive) hammer party when all of a sudden I read that Will was back in business and restoring equipment. I'm happy to say that he took these three chassis of expensive brand new scrap and for a few hundred dollars returned it to me in all it's glory. The preamp is an outstanding acheivement and I'm happy to say that thanks to the professioanlism and talents of Will and Jerry, my preamp is the crown jewel in my system and the envy of all who hear it! Kudos to Will for proudly polishing up the Melos name and restoring it one component at a time to it's rightful place at the pinnacle of high-end audio. MAR is highly recommended!!!
Just want to add my 2 cents. Had my Melos Mat1000s upgraded at Melos Restoration and was completely satisified. Cant say enough good things about Will and Jerry. Keep up the great work guys. We are lucky to have you around to service these great amps! regards Doug
I have owned a Melos preamp for several years now. My experiences w/ MAR have been nothing but positive and the work they have performed has been of high quality and great price value. I first sent back my preamp (upgraded from SHA Gold to Maestro) to MAR when one channel went out and Will gave me a very good price on replacing the POTS and threw in some work for free that included replacing some gears on the motorized volume control that were not yet bad but just so I would not have to send it back for that repair in a few years. When a year later one of the POTS started causing me some issues Will apologized and agreed to replace the part for free even though it was well past their 6 month warranty agreement. Once I heard about their all tube upgrade where the MOSFETS were replaced by another board and two more 6922 tubes I was really intrigued and when Jerry quoted me a price I just couldn't say no. While it was in the shop I started thinking about having some caps upgraded and I was really floored when Will told me to send him any caps I wished and he would do that work for free as well! I sent 16 Auric caps in that were replaced on my unit for no charge and this had nothing to do w/ how the unit played, just that I wanted to hear what it would sound like w/ the caps in there that lots of people rave about these days.

My communications w/ MAR were all pleasant and informative. Once I left a message on the service MAR always returned my calls and took all the time I needed to speak to me not only about my unit but audio in general covering everything from cables and tubes to their philosophy on why they do some of the things they do (you know how we audiophiles can get when we get someone that will listen!) No, they do not answer emails daily as it is a two man show but they do I believe pick out one day a week to read all their corresponance and reply to them (spending the other days WORKING ON MELOS GEAR!)

I am in no way affiliated w/ MAR, just an audiophile that enjoys the craftsmanship and incredible sound one gets from some of the smaller companies in the field such as Omega Mikro, MAR, Elrod Power Systems and Audio Magic. I highly recommend anyone wanting to get into tubes to keep an eye out on Audiogon and Ebay for Melos gear as it goes for REALLY good prices and you can be comfortable in knowing that their is a company dedicated to making sure your gear can be properly served for a long time to come. THANKS WILL & JERRY! Keep up the great work.
I have never had to send any of my Melos gear to MAR. I sold my amp (MAT-180) a few month ago and still have the Maestro linestage. Since I still own a Melos preamp I am still interested in reading posts about Melos. Man it was good reading this morning. Thank you all. The passion and dedication for Melos makes me feel proud to own their equipment. I may never sell my preamp for this reason alone.
I want to add to the acknowledgements that have been written in support of MAR. I own Melos equipment and I know that a service company like MAR is required for high-end equipment. I also realize that a service business like MAR can become overwhelming at times. Repairs, maintenance and upgrades seem to all come in bunches. Difficult repairs add to the workload. I know Will to be a very responsible conscientious person. His knowledge, skills and workmanship are excellent. He would not let a piece of equipment leave his shop unless it met or exceeded specs. I am satisfied with MAR and the service they provide. I encourage Melos owners to continue to use the valuable service they provide for Melos equipment. I will continue to use their service. Melos Audio Restoration, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!