Mcintosh vs Parasound

I'm considering going from a YBA Passion integrated amp at 100wpc to either the new mcintosh MC402 or the Parasound JC1. I'd likely get a matching preamp from whichever amp mfg i get. I'm driving Talon Peregrines with all of the upgrades. They are pretty efficient, but I'm trying to get a bigger sound. The YBA sounds clean and great, but doesn't move a lot of air. Opinions please?
sea2
Hello Sea2,
I recently purchased JC1's which are still breaking-in at just over 400 hours. They replaced an Aragon 8008bb and Manley Neo-Classic 250's. I ran these amps both independently and bi-amped together. JC1's take a long time to break-in, upwards of 1400 hours. CTC suggests leaving these amp's powered on 24/7 w/signal for two month's, if your not willing to do that, I would reconsider. There is a ton of info on them here on Agon's forum. Anyway, my JC1's are starting to open up and are proving to be amazing amp's for the money. This last Wednesday evening they finally started to show what they're all about, again, after 400 hours.
Hi Sea2,
JC1s might surprise you; Perfectionist is right that break in takes time, with signal going through, not just powered up, but it's well worth it. Send me an email for info and ideas on preamps if you'd like.

Brian
Could you share what the break-in process on the JC1 does? What changes take place that you can describe in term related to music.

Thanks
Dre
I believe the JC1 needs 10000000 hours of break in, at least. However, 20000000 hours is best.

The MC402 is one of the best amps I have ever heard. Looks knockout too. Arthur
The Mcintosh stuff is very nice! Not finicky, does not need hours of break in.
As Aball says, looks good too. Give it a listen. It's probably close to your YBA
sound but better and trust me it will move a ton of air.