Mcintosh preamp C500 c22 mk V

Hello All, 
I am moving away from an all (BHK) PS Audio rig Pre-amp/Amp and looking to add some eye candy to the rack. I have an opportunity to purchase a NEW C22 mkV or very low hrs (was on display) older, but pristine C500C/C500T preamp. I will continue to us my PS Audio DSD DAC for digital streaming. For analogue, I typically use LO MC Carts. Currently a Grado Statement 1 mounted on a VPI Classic 3. I belive that is .04mv. I was using a separated PS Audio stellar phono, but if I can, would minimize to use the built in phono on the 22/c500. Speakers are Focal 1038BE and until a deal pops up on some Mcintosh SS mono such as 501/601's I will be using my BHK250. 
I was curious to know whether the C500 can still compete with the new MC versions, such as the 2600/2700 one chassis units, or how far apart it may be from the c1100... Looking forward to any MC users and their experiences with the aforementioned. 
c_cocobean
As a user, abuser and believer of "old/vintage", You can't go wrong on a deal on a McIntosh.  I have listened to some of the "new" and at the end of the day its about matching things up.  The new McIntosh has the "newer soldering material", and some friends have expressed concern about how it will age and microfracturing??  Curious anyone's feeling about the new solder. 
thank you hooier...I pulled the trigger on the C500. Now looking to match it properly with another AMP.