McIntosh mem220 room correction

I have been in a new listening room for a couple of years now. I have a smaller room (15 x 17 x 9' high). I had to bring in some rather large speakers, Revel Salon 2's. I never really was able to integrate the speakers in the room. I moved the speakers and tried many different types on sound treatments. I really did not want to add digital sound correction but wanted to achieve a better sound than I was getting. I'm sure different speakers for this size room would have been the answer, but buying, selling and shipping speakers was not something I wanted to do. I purchased and setup the mem220 a couple of months ago with great results. It's a very flexible unit. It has a crossover if you are using a sub. Also, once you have your sound measurements in the unit, you can tweak it any way you like. I really could not hear any sound artifacts that some people have reported, but that could depend on how much DSP you are dealing with. Certainly, this is not the best approach for setting up a sound room, but in my situation it really helped. Anyone else had similar experiences?
128x128tobor007
My results are similar to yours. I love the MEM220. It improved the clarity of my system to the point where my wife even noticed it. It's pretty pricy but I managed to snag a used one off of Audiogon at about half price relative to a new one.