2.mc402+c2200or2300

3.mc2101+c2200or2300

power amp solid+tube pre amp can be work together

did not , and sound? now i'm waiting final decision to buy

them

thank you

ksk
sakorn
Depends on the speakers but probably number 2. That's a great tube-SS combo for a speaker that needs a lot of juice. You know some nice Focals, Linns, Egglestons, Paradigm Signatures, Vandersteens, etc. that would sound great!!
I went with an upgrade just recently.
I switched out a C36 for a C2200. The amp is a MC7300 (300watts) and the difference it made was absolutely astounding.
I have a 402 and auditioned both the c2200 and C46. Similar sound, the C46 was slightly warmer than the C2200 and had a better ability to resolve fine orchestral distinctions. The C2200 very slightly blurred massed instruments, but had a tube "plumpness" that would work very well for jazz. Since I like large orchestral works, like Mahler, I went with the solid state. (But I got a used C712)
I had been a solid state guy for all my listening years. Then, out of curiosity, I got a used C2200 and have wondered why I was so late to jump into the game. I am using a MC252 with it and am 'done' wwith upgrading amp/preamp. I have yet to roll tubes. My source is a Rega P7 TT and I am using a Graham Slee Era Gold V phono pre but will tyr the onboard phono on hte C2200 once I change the tubes. My vote is for a tube pre and SS amp.
Did you hear any differences in the bass extension and control between to C46 and C2200? Do you have speakers that go deep so those differences matter? I've noticed bigger differences than I would have expected among preamps (ARC, Krell, VTL) in this regard,and it's important to me. Any thoughts?