McIntosh MA12000 is it worth upgrading to.

I'm thinking about upgrading from a MA452 power amp and a MC70 tube preamp, to the MA12000. I like the built in dac. and 8 tone controls. USB connection and more balanced inputs. It would also take up less space.The tube pre section has less distortion.03 MC70 .08 but the power side is 350wpc compared to the 452 at 450wpc. I love my system amazing sound and sound stage would like some feedback if worth the investment. McIntosh as of May 1, is offering 75% of the original MSP, till the end of June. I would appreciate all feedback pro or con.

eoj4952

Showing 3 responses by eoj4952

McIntosh is offering to buy back your equipment at 75% of original MSP. until end of June.

I don't understand why you would spent that much cash on a machine you only use as an power amp. My 452 is an amazing power amp would only upgrade to the 462  or a new 12000 for the tone controls and the Dac. And the added connections Is the Dac not that good,  can't believe Mc. wouldn't be using weak chips. And my phono stage is fine, I don't get it. My system sounds amazing, I only want to upgrade not to spend crazy dollars on Dac's and to use less space.  

I have not heard the MA12000.There's not any high end Audio by me. Most of my equipment has been purchased by reviews. But the headroom or soundstage from my MC452 is huge. My room is 16' by 20' the stage is the whole back of the room My speakers are KLIPSCH CORNWALLS IVs and my c70  tube preamp and MC452 work well together. Crystal clear at any volume. I only play cds I use a Yamaha 2100 scds player and and old yamaha 120 sub. The MA12000 was a thought I would also like to keep my 452 for bass  and bi amp with 275 for tweets and mids. as you can see im all over the place That's a nice system C49 with the MC611's Thanks for the feedback good luck with your new system