Mcintosh - Love Em' or Hate Em' ......Why?

I have owned new and old Mcintosh and loved my experiences with the product. Right now I have a MC-162 in my system and it sounds great! Very transparent and not too anylitical or fatiguing. It seems that everyone has such strong opinions about different Mcintosh products good and bad. I have had all positive experiences. I would like for people to share their opinions and experiences good and bad.
Ag insider logo xs@2xsquiddy
"The C-22 tube preamp and the Mc 275 are the most beautiful components ever made BUT are the worst sounding components ever made. Made for "look-o-philes."

This coming from someone using Home Depot cables. Have you actually listend to these pieces????
I have owned a dozen mint Mac C22 and Mc75. I could not stand to hear over 60 seconds of these. Pure noise, no music. The worst of the worst. These were made for photos in decorating magazines. Luckily I sold them all to overseas buyers who pay top dollar for these hissing room warmers.
I just purchased my first Mac. It is the C31V preamp. Wow what a difference, I had an adcom and the Mac is sweet. I am a Mac man now. What a treat to own.
They are not as liquid as Krell - or panasonic sa-xr70 (only $370 on the web) Even Krell integrated 300 model sounds better ($1200 used)

But if liquidity is not your thing, then a Mac
A few comments,
I think I may be the newest Mc convert at this time. Just bought an MC2000 six days ago. To Mint604 "I have owned a dozen mint Mac C22 and Mc75. I could not stand to hear over 60 seconds of these. Pure noise, no music. The worst of the worst." Funny you should have owned a dozen sets as much as you seem to dislike them. ;)
My experience is more like the following quotes from above.
"Beautiful, sweet, warm music." "The MC2000 is outstanding in all respects."
"Their car amps are very good." Funny thing about this. About a month ago I bought a new Subaru with Mc car audio. I loved the sound so much I could no longer stand my home receiver (dime-store quality). I went to the nearest Mc dealer to audition the MA6900. I liked the sound but couldn't see spending the money. I bought a used NAD 761 (450$) and on my way out the door asked if the MC2000 on display was for sale or for show (it's for sale). The dealer said he had a used unit for sale. I loved the display unit and did some research... bought the 2000 two days later. After setting it up, my B&W 704's sounded great, but not up to par with the 2000. I ended up buying a demo set of LS360's and can't imagine being more pleased!!!