McIntosh -- good for show, not for sound, says dealer

More unvarnished truth from YouTube.
"real audiophiles...know it doesn't sound that good"

https://youtu.be/sMUQqAagKm0?t=181

Real audiophiles -- be aware. You've been read the Riot Act. 

Discuss.

128x128hilde45

@femoore12  Thank you for your post. If we're alike, sometimes we both read things quickly and respond quickly. I appreciate you following up.

Post removed 

I wonder what made him become such a hater🤔. I’ve owned a lot of amps in the past as I worked my way up to the level of McIntosh and the like. When I finally got there, I was NOT disappointed. Especially the versatility and sound of my C-2500 tube preamp. Amps can be traded and perfected but no one will beat that Mac Preamp for functionality and sound. As for Amps, I still Aim to trade up to their mono 601s some day or maybe even their 1201s. But to knock their sound, reliability and reputation really doesn’t make sense. Yeah, everyone has different tastes, but the difference in sound isn’t drastic at these costs, IMHO.

I've been powering B&W 702 signatures with a 20 year old 200 watt/channel McIntosh MC 202 solid state amp, and every time I think about updating the amp, I say to myself: "Why?  This amp sounds great and has the muscle to power to 702s as they deserve."  Someday, I'll have to get those blue lights fixed, but the MC 202 has really stood the test of time to my ears.

Post removed