McIntosh c2700 users please chime in?

1. Is there a big difference (besides the upgradable DAC module)?

2. How much discount (5, 10, 15%) should one expect to get if asked?

I may be looking to sell my BHK pre and then pay the difference for the C2700. Nothing wrong with the BHK. I also like the idea of tone controls. Plus, its hard not to like the blue meters :)
aberyclark

Showing 4 responses by jamitloud

I just ordered  a new Macintosh C2700 tube preamp 1 week ago. I demoed the stereo store’s model for a week with my audio system in my home and made my decision to end the preamp search.

Next on the list is to pick a McIntosh amp to go with it.
@ stereo5, not much off. Probably same as anyone else. I feel that the sound is as good as I’m going to get for what I have. 2 years ago  I remember shaking my head at a McIntosh dealer thinking a waste of money, Three weeks ago at a different stereo shop, told me to take the 2700 home for a try. And I had a hard time picking a day to bring it back. I know there’s a lot of other nice brands out there like audio research and luxman but I’m not gonna spend that much money. I still wanna save up for a nice tube amp, possibly the 2301. 
I just went back To my favorite stereo shop today and checked out the McIntosh MC462 power amp they just brought in. It was hooked up to the C2700 preamp. WOW! I’m a liking it.
I’m very happy with the phono section of the McIntosh C2700. I stopped using my musical surroundings phono stage to my older tube preamp. I like that you can have 2 record players with two different cartridges hooked up to the Mac. I like to use my moving magnet for my old records and get another record player with a moving coil for the new mobile fidelity records.