McIntosh C-2200 Preamp

I am looking at upgrading to the above. Any thoughts ? My amp is a Mcintosh MC352.
128x128jpgsf
I have been very happy with the C2200. I use it with the MC2102. I'm debating whether to trade it in for a SET system. The Mcintosh is not as resolving but every bit as musical.
I have had mine for about 4 months and love it,"bright and lean" are def. not the words I would use, but we all hear what we hear, I find it very open and lush and musical, nice flexibility and dead quiet...I use it with both solid state and tupe amps
I have had a C2200 for about a month. It replaced an Adcom GFP-750 solid state unit. It's driving a MAC 2102, and on occasion a Classe' Model 15, with new model Vienna Acoustics Beethoven loudspeakers.

First, It's dead quiet. Quieter than the Adcom, which is also very quiet. Second, it seems very dynamic. Hard to describe. Soundstage is now a bit more forward, but every bit as wide and deep as before. It's a good complement to the rest of my system.

It's nice to have very good tone controls (with bypass) again! Some of my sources need it.

I also like having gain trim for each input.

The volume control is quiet and the remote is a nice plus - although the remote doesn't control balance, tone in/out or levels, etc. Just source switching, mono/stereo and volume.

I can't wait to start rolling tubes, another nice option you have with a tube preamp.

In summary, this is an easy piece of equipment to like and to live with over the long haul.