Mcintosh 8207 vs Rotel RMB 1585

Which one is better over in sound quality for movies and music? Using dynaudio speakers all around.
Pre amp is Arcam avr pre pro connected to Rotel RMB 1075 (10 year old amp). 
3rd option could be krell theater 7 but that amp is very expensive around 7+$k. I can find preowned Mac or Rotel for much cheaper price. 
Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

again looking for airy dynamic sound stage ( no bright or thin) good bass control etc.. 
I do not like parasound as it sounds a bit dark.. not sure..
Thanks
danimaz
Both the Rotel RMB 1585 and the Mac MC8207 are very good. The Rotel RMB-1585 offers much greater value at $3k new but it is only five-channel amp whereas the Mac 8207 is a seven-channel amp.

The RMB-1585 is very capable amp very quiet due to very low noise floor. The sound is very refined very musical with full warm with great impact, button end grunt and midrange bloom and this amp is very dynamic lots of dynamic headroom and has plenty of reserve power to drive just about any speakers. At $3k new retail price I think it's definitely a steal. One thing that strikes me about this RMB-1585 is its very low noise floor especially at this price point. The highs are very smooth and the tonality leans more toward on the warmer side of neutral. The sound is fluid liquid solid with good imaging. Unlike the older Rotel 10xx series amps, like the one you currently have, that sounded grainy in the treble area and more toward lean and somewhat analytical sound. The newer Rotel 15xx series amps such as the RMB-1585 is big improvements in all areas over your older Rotel RMB 1075.

The Mac 8027 costs little more than twice the price of the Rotel RMB-1585. The Mac multi-channel amps such as the 8027 are overpriced IMO and aren’t worth spending that much. The RMB-1585 is actually more dynamic with greater slams and punch than the Mac 8027. All you are paying for the Mac 8207 is a fancy glass face plate with fancy blue meter readings and the brand name. I mean it is a good multi-channel amp but not worth paying that much for the kind of performance that you get from it. You can get same level of performance with the Rotel RMB-1585 for far less money.

The Parasound Halo A51 five-channel amp is better than either the Rotel RMB-1585 or the Mac 8027 and it retails for $4500 new. Parasound recently released the Halo A52 five-channel amp, which is a newer version. You should highly consider the Parasound Halo A51 or A52. These would better both the Rotel RMB 1585 & the Mac 8207.

Mac makes very good stereo and monoblock power amps but their multi-channel power amps such as the 8207 is good but over priced and not worth paying that much. 
Caphill,
Thank you for your detailed overview of the two amps in question. Yes I realize mc8207 has extra 2 channels however I'm only concerned about the sound quality in general. Looks like I'll have to give rotel a listen. 

About Parasound a52 I've heard it's a bit dark and warm sounding. Will have to listen to this one as well if I get a chance.